Wednesday, September 4, 2013

In the craziness that was week 3 & 4 I'm winning - Get Smarter on Events Management

I'm writing from New York, where I have just submitted assignment 4. This is the beauty of this online course, you get UCT Get Smarter on the go wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection. Between travelling from SA, catching a music festival in Philadelphia and heading back to New York I had assignment 4 due.

I have received my marks for assignments 1 and 2, I have to say that I am quite happy with the results. Slightly below class average because of the 10% penalty due to handing in late but I'm averaging as a B student. Practically, that means that I understand the concepts and can absorb a 10% knock. Yes I'm out here putting my marks on blast.


Module 3 covered Bidding and securing an event and Module 4 covered Event organisation and project  management. I have to say that Module 4 has been the one that is most relevant to me at this moment and in relation to The WKND SOCIAL. It's great to see theory covering our (The Other Girls I mean) practical processes.

Module 4 includes; steps taken to plan and coordinate an event, Planning and coordinating tools and key factors to effective planning.

The gold nugget I would like to share from Module 4 "A realistic, achievable, firm schedule of activities aligned to a critical path. Clearly defined decision-making lines of communication and authority. A well-motivated and cooperative team."


No comments:

Post a Comment