Friday, March 9, 2012

Halloumi & Sardines at Mezepoli

My girlfriends and I decided to have a midweek catch up over a guilt free dinner. By guilt free my friend meant a place that has good salads, seafood and sushi, so Mezepoli it was. The service as always is good & slightly hands off or let me say not overbearing which is great for a ladies catch up session.

We ordered a few dishes to share, the Greek way! Halloumi salad, grilled sardines and peri peri chicken livers. All I can say is that the peri peri chicken livers are always a winner, perfectly cooked in a mild spicy peri peri sauce.


The halloumi salad was wonderful with a creamy dressing, they don't ask if you want it on the side and I'm not complaining. The salty grilled halloumi & olives served on a bed of greens and cucumber with tomatoes and red onion slices.The dressing did well to balance the saltiness


The sardines weren't as I expected, well not as salty as I would have liked. I guess I have the idea of salt encrusted sardines grilled in a clay oven or over an open flame. But these were good served with pickled fennel and a lemon vinaigrette.


I ended dinner with a sweet Greek coffee and I have to say that I felt that the proportion of grounds to water in the brew was off as the grounds settled quite high up in the cup. The last thing I wanted was a mouthful of grounds with every sip.

I would recommend Mezepoli for those days when you want a little bit of everything, have some time to spare and a few good notes in your pocket. Try the chicken livers and a caipirnha, they're always winners for me. If you're looking to celebrate have a shot of Ouzo!

No comments:

Post a Comment