Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bookclub at Vovo Telo 44 Stanley

So had Bookclub hosted at Vovo Telo Bakery yesterday. As of May 2010 they have a cafe too! I love their bread, well when I'm actually eating bread which is all the time in winter, so was really excited at the thought of having a coffee & lunch whilst enjoying the smell of bread baking.

Amazing bread, good food, relaxed ambience ala 44 Stanely, but the service left a lot to be desired. I know the cafe has only been open for a month so I'll put the service down to teething problems. The waitresses were not attentive and unprepared, don't ask me if I'm ready to order if you're not prepared to take my order.

The Food is fresh and very tasty:
I had the pesto, chicken breast and pecorino sandwich on a seed roll, which was lovely.
Three had the steak sandwich, they don't ask how you want you steak done but everyone enjoyed theirs. It comes medium/medium well done, if you'd like it medium rare be sure to let them know.
Two had the honey mustard salad, no complaints.


I would highly recommend going there to pick up the fantastic sourdough and ciabatta. If you're going to the cafe take a side of patience with you. I gave them feedback and I think a couple of other patrons did the same, so if they fix up the little things then I'd  recommend the cafe too!

If I'm eating bread, I'm gonna eat the best bread I can find!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20687656480
http://www.44stanley.co.za/

Vovo Telo
44 Stanley, Milpark
011 482 4139
Best for: Breakfast and brunch

No comments:

Post a Comment