Thursday, February 17, 2011

Can a foodie edit her inner chef? In my case probably not

I’m having a few friends over for dinner on Saturday night and I’m finding it hard to edit myself when planning the menu. And may I add I’m only doing the main course, the ladies are bringing dessert.

I definitely want to make a beef fillet because I want to make the reduction a la Katlego, blueberry balsamic reduction that is Amathing! So there is no question that fillet is on the menu!
Today I found a sausage guy in Kensington, which is up the road from my house, and I’ve ordered a Cumberland sausage that will go oh so well with lentils. Courtesy of Jamie Oliver recipe http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/sausages-green-lentils-with-tomato-s
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/meat-recipes/the-best-sausages-with-braised-lentils-a
And now I have a fierce craving for lentils which I must satify before the weekend is done, so why not on Saturday? when i can share my sausage find with friends. http://www.pjsfood.co.za/sausages.php


Now one of my guests doesn’t eat legumes, so I’ll throw in some crushed potatoes. Then finally none of my meals are complete without a green vegetable and it’s likely to be steamed broccoli with a light garlic infused olive oil coating.
So now the question is will they go together, more to the point will the fillet and blueberry reduction go with the lentils? Unless I get a mountain of protest before then I shall let you know after dinner.

I do believe that if I have a common thread to tie them together it could work, I'm thinking a herb. Rosemary perhaps

1 comment:

  1. the boerewors looks absolutely mouthwatering and the aroma reaches across the Atlantic. Enjoy dinner on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete