Sunday, March 6, 2011

Can a foodie edit her inner chef? Pt 2


I had that dinner and triumphantly I only had three dishes along with a wonderfully sweet blueberry reduction as an accompaniment. Well I honestly should say that the blueberry reduction was not so much an accompaniment as the star of the show. The best supporting actress to the fillet of beef. But honestly I could have kept it to two dishes. Dinner was fillet and the blueberry reduction, with a nicoise rendition and lentils.

I served up an edited rendition of a nicoise salad without any egg or tuna. A beef fillet made to perfection by my brother, from Meat on Grant, marinated in garlic, rosemary and olive oil, browned on a skillet and finished off in the oven. The medium rare fillet is complimented so well by the sweet, slightly overly sweet but it was a first try, blueberry balsamic reduction. But what is absolutely marvellous about this reduction are the pops of slightly tart blueberries that burst as you bite into them.


It turns out I am able to edit myself. But I think one thing we shouldn't edit is sharing great recipes and I'd like to thank my friend for sharing the berry balsamic reduction. I have already shared it with another friend and it is fast becoming a must have when making a fillet, whether a piece of steak or an entire fillet.

Happy sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment