Friday, October 21, 2011

Thursday night quickie: Carbonara

I'm sure we've all had a craving that just won't be shaken. For me it's been spaghetti carbonara this week. It came to me on Monday and the smokey, salty flavours just whirled around my head till the end of the week.

So yesterday I said enough was enough and carbonara for dinner it was! The great thing about it is that it's one of the quicker pasta dishes, but there is the trick of not making scrambled eggs.

Super simple boil spaghetti as normal, while that's on the go fry pancetta or smoked streaky bacon till crispy and set aside on paper towel.Then mix eggs, double cream with grated pecorino chopped chives and parsley olive oil salt and pepper.
When the pasta is done with super quick hand motion place in a bowl and stir in the egg mix, quick as you can. Or else you'll end up with a breakfast pasta spaghetti ala scrambled egg, bacon and cheese.



We served it up with a green salad and heat& eat olive loaf, totally satisfying! I love the salty smokey-ness of the cheese and bacon just cut by freshness of dill and parsley. One of my favourite favourites. And it tastes good reheated for lunch the day after.

Maybe next Thursday's quickie will be spaghetti Puttanesca (literally means whore's style spaghetti in Italian) wink

1 comment:

  1. now I have that lingering craving swirling in my head and I will have to wait at least two weeks before I can satisfy it....

    ReplyDelete