Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On the Bookshelf: Savour

Courtesy: Yummy Thymes blog

I'm in the process of discovering the bond between food and language in Savour. Savour is a collaboration between Marc Hirschowitz (Events extraordinaire), Karen Alsfine (Creative writer come creative cook), and Estelle Sacharowitz (Cuisine concocter). Each chapter is named a descriptive word that is meant to yield a emotional feeling associated with the recipes in that chapter. Wakey Wakey covers breakfast items, I immediately imagine a soft boiled egg with toast soldiers dipped in. Sip, oh yeah sippy sippy enough said, it covers drinks.

Savour offers recipes that cover almost every occasion. It's great for a first time cook looking for clear direction  with progression from homemade burgers to crepe suzette. Equally useful for a foodie like myself looking for an inspiration directory.

Image courtesy of YummyThymesBlog

The chapter that captured me at first perusal is the STORE chapter. The items are "reserved for future use" like jams, pickles, cordials, mustards and marinated mushrooms. I guess this chapter speaks to me because I'd love to be forever young & preserved in a sweet, sour, salty solution. (I know morbid much)

Oh and it looks absolutely smashing on a coffee table. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment