Monday, January 9, 2012

Cape Quarter COOL & a side of Franschhoek smoked trout

I spent a Friday walking around the Cape Quarter and I have to say I just love it! Besides the beautifully tanned and toned men in shorts, there were a couple of other great finds. A furniture store or let's say a treasure trove of furniture in the form of Private Collections, the Martinosner fine art gallery and of course La Petite Tarte.

We stopped for a late brunch early lunch at La Petite Tarte. It's a quaint, yes you guessed from the name French inspired, cafe that serves fresh fare. Everything made in house including the carrot cake. The service is attentive yet casual and welcoming.

I had the most wonderful, yes most wonderful, smoked trout from Franschhoek at La Petite Tarte. From now on I will accept nothing less. The trout was served with creamy, cheesy eggs and avocado. Due to my bacon love I asked for a side of extra crispy swine!


My friend ordered the butternut, blue cheese and coriander quiche. It's a man sized slice with a lovely base and creamy filling, although it could have done with a little more seasoning.


I've now made it my mission to hunt down Jozi stockists of that trout. You just must must try it!
Going in search of Franschhoek smoked trout!

1 comment:

  1. it looks delicious and I will indeed be on a search for Franschoek smoked trout.

    ReplyDelete