Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Is a Benedict, a Benedict without an English muffin?

Well Manna Epicure in Cape Town seems to think so! 
They serve their eggs benedict on a croissant. Actually they serve it in a croissant, like a sandwich. I guess a croissant isn't bad if you don't count calories - which I do not! But I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to a benedict and how I do love a good lightly toasted english muffin.


Overall for service Manna's all white clad staff are friendly, crisp, clean and attentive. The assortment of bread served before meals is always welcomed by a bread addict such as myself.


The eggs were done perfectly to order medium to soft is the way I like it! The hollandaise had almost there consistency, just a tad thick but let me not be fussy, it was also ever so slightly tart which I appreciated. I  found that the croissant is a bit heavy and rich for the eggs topped with hollandaise, the pastry to egg ratio was a bit high for me. Which is why I welcomed the tartness as an attempt at balance.


 The latte is served with the espresso on the side which means I mix my perfect mild latte combo.


A lovely perk was the celeb spotting at Manna, Vanessa Carrera her husband and their beautiful, ok well handsome, little son were there. Such a lovely looking family! 


So if you consider a benedict, a benedict without an english muffin then Manna is a good, crisp, all white cafe to go to when next you're on the Cape Town Cool.

http://www.eatout.co.za/Restaurants/3709/Cape-Town/Contemporary/Manna-Epicure

No comments:

Post a Comment