Monday, June 11, 2012

Get ribbed at Turn 'n Tender

I happened to enjoy a steak dinner, well rib dinner, last week at Turn 'n Tender in Parktown North. It has a contemporary comfortable feel not the typical stuffy cigar smoking steakhouse vibe. I have to say it had a good number of customers for a Monday night, we were surrounded by what seemed like regulars. Tables of families, 50 something men on a Massive Monday boy's dinner and father son diners.

I opted for the ribs that made them famous - I was sold by made us famous! Beef ribs with a slightly sweet bbq sauce. Sides of baked potato with sour cream and onion rings. They ask if you'd mind your food served on a hot plate, I love that it's served on the bread board. I loved the hot plate too until my sour cream started melting.

Bib on and time to get RIBBED!

Overall the service was great, just the right amount of attentiveness while allowing for intimate conversation. The ribs were good, Turn 'n Tender is kosher, so if you're a pork rib person I suggest you skip the ribs and order a good ol' steak. My dinner date ordered the rib eye and I have to say it was perfectly done so I had to have more than one taste "just to be sure".

Make the last a winner winner steak dinner!

Turn 'n Tender
Parktown Quarter
cnr 3rd and  7th Avenue, Parktown North
+27(0)11 7887933

No comments:

Post a Comment