Monday, February 25, 2013

A Buitengeluk afternoon

Summer Sunday afternoons were made to be spent in a garden with a plate of oxtails in front of you. Ok well perhaps not made but that's how I spent my Sunday lunching at Buitengeluk.

Buitengeluk is old cape dutch style house with ample gardens, p.s. it is a wedding venue too. A few friends and I spent the afternoon overlooking a duck pond in the beautiful gardens. It's wonderful for kids as there is ample space to run around and ideal for kiddie winks to do some duck watching. I'm not an advocate of duck petting because I'm not one who likes duck pecking back.

Our table shared Vie's calamari starter and four of the five of us order the oxtail. The beautiful pics are thanks to Vie Arem of Vie Myself & I

The calamari in chimmichurrie dressing with fried rice was perfectly cooked. I have to say the chimmichurri dry rub, was bbq spice laced and very meaty.


The oxtail was tasty in a tomato based sauce, lovely and moorish though I needed to add a touch of seasoning. It's served with mash and seasonal vegetables, the mash was a nit too stodgy for me, I prefer the light fluffy variety. The portion is well sized, with men in mind I'm sure.


Vie had the beef fillet medallions which were melt in your mouth tender. The rosti it was served on left a lot to be desired.




Overall it's a great Saturday or Sunday lunch venue, particularly for families with young children.

Buitengeluk
Broadacres Lifestyle centre, Corner Cedar and Valley Roads, Broadacres
011 540 1556

Best For:
A drive that isn't too far out and child friendly restaurant.

Photography: Vie Arem



No comments:

Post a Comment