Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Copenhagen Pt 2 (Hotel brunches)

I checked into what was/is dubbed as one of the hip and trendy hotels in Copenhagen, First Hotel Skt Petri. I was told lady gaga had stayed there, obviously not in my standard suite but she was there nonetheless. Yes I'm really a monster in the closest!

Skt Petri breakfast crowd


So I think Copenhagen is an expensive city to eat in, well off of the hotel room service at least. A hamburger on the menu cost DKK195 which is R258, yeah I know! So based on that I found that the breakfast buffet was a steal at DKK195 and the Sunday brunch, which allows for eating from 12:00 to 15:00 at DKK235.



Brunch is served with a Mimosa (champagne and OJ)




Muesli and Yoghurt with fresh sweet melon to start. Followed by a selection of cheeses with sundried tomatoes, marinated artichokes and charcuterie. I always go for a camembert and then the cumin cheese.
 
I do have one warning: beware the herring, it is a danish delicacy, but it tasted like pickled fish that had gone off to me. Perhaps my palate isn't as developed as I thought. Feel free to try it and let me know what you think.


For dessert I had the carrot cake and tiramisu, yes on one side plate!Very african of me, no?!  the carrot cake was topped with a wonderful lemon icing with orange zest, I loved the zing!

 I spent the entire allotted three hours at brunch in the Copenhagen sun, not for the food but mostly because there was a hottie at the table next to me. I mean they had to do something to compensate for not having the eggs benedict on the brunch menu.

Then it was off to walk the streets of Copenhagen! sigh how I miss Euro tripping
 

No comments:

Post a Comment