Friday, September 7, 2012

Pescatarian chronicles: Seafood stew

I'm super excited about day 4 so I'm going to skip right to dinner. For dinner I made a seafood stew based on  Jamie Oliver's baked white fish with olives and a simple tomato sauce. I have to be honest, online Jamie is my go to for easy to execute recipes, followed by Nigella and Gordon. Yes I'm know them by first name.

I followed the recipe with two exceptions I used seafood and not just fish and I added some white wine, a la Keith Floyd, to the tomato sauce. The seafood I grabbed after work from Woolworths Nicolway was  monkfish (on 2 for 1 special - I love a deal), prawns, mussels and calamari tubes.

About to head into the oven

Fresh out of the oven

Served with slices of ciabatta, bellissima!

After this I definitely think I would be able to make a wonderful deep seafood cacciucco. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment