Monday, October 22, 2012

I love Food Jams Jozi

I know I've been away but had a lot on my plate with The WKND Social debut event this past Saturday.

Friday before last I went to the Jozi Food Jams hosted by Jade De Waal. I have to say this I totally dig Jade she's absolutely lovely and a warm, welcoming hostess - no question went unanswered, no glass left empty.
Our hostess: Jade
Courtesy: Mpumelelo Macu from Food Jams FB page
The invite said 19:00 but being Jozi prompt I arrived at 19:30 (cos I was chatting with Vie who lives right next door) and was far from last to arrive. Tables filled with raw ingredients and a recipe along with wine glasses that had little papers inside them, oh what was in store? I picked a wine glass that had the word BURGERS printed on the paper, so I was team Pork BURGERS.

The other items on the menu included peri peri (from scratch) chicken, chilli bites, prune potatoes, hummus and lamb, prawn skewers, and brownies for dessert. Because I was so busy cooking the BANGING burgers I didn't take any pics but here are a few by Mpumelelo Macu from the Food Jams FB page and Vie Myself & I

We made it all from scratch!

The ladies of Team pork burgers getting everything prepped
Courtesy: http://www.facebook.com/FoodJams

Getting my spice on!
Courtesy: http://viemyselfandi.blogspot.com/
I eventually decided that it was time to bring out the big guns and put on my apron, no serious cooking can be done sans apron!



The patties
Food Jams dinns
More burger appreciation
I loved the concept of meeting new people while cooking a recipe you wouldn't necessarily cook yourself. also love the suspense and surprise of not knowing what you'll cook till you arrive. It was a great evening spent with new and old friends.

Can't wait for the next one! Cheers to Food Jamming!

No comments:

Post a Comment