Thursday, October 4, 2012

Service station cinnamon sugar french toast


Met Vie and her handsome, adorable, super smart son Amani for brunch at Service Station in the Bamboo Centre Mellville.  Service station is extremely child friendly, serving juices in short glasses and salmon scrambled eggs in small bowls for toddlers. Loved our waitress' attention to detail and initiative.

The menu is up on the chalkboard wall. It seems to have been a french toast weekend, so I ordered the cinnamon sugar french toast with strawberries and added a side of bacon of course. It's the perfect combination of french toast and pancake cinnamon sugar happiness. I wiped my plate clean, well once I'd added a little maple syrup. Moist, lightly eggy almost savoury french toast rolled in cinnamon and sugar topped with sweet strawberries. Add a salty piece of bacon and it's the perfect bite.

French toasts

Vie had ordered Pimms and I proceeded to order the same, except I like my Pimms half lemonade half gingerale. The waitress was on some this is a ginger pimms, made of ginger cordial, you have to try this! Yooooooh am I glad I did, it's the best Pimms I've had to date including my own. MUST TRY!!!!!!!!!!


Ginger Pimms

Service station is perfect for lazy brunching, buffet lunching and fresh dessert eating for families with kids. the service is attentive and they have Wifi. I went so far as to deem it my brunch spot of choice in Jozi on twitter.

I love french toasts!

Service Station
Cnr of Rustenburg road & Ninth street, Mellville
0117261701

No comments:

Post a Comment