Monday, October 1, 2012

The Apartment: Let's fill the kitchen

I have recently purchased an apartment, purchased makes it sound so simple and breezy. I'm supposed to move in December, so I've decided it's time to start shopping and of course it's Kitchen First for me. I have some trousseau, thanks to my mum and aunts but I have made two purchases for the kitchen so far.

A Le Creuset traditional whistling kettle in flame to go with lovely mugs I received as a birthday gift earlier this year. The kettles are currently (Sept 2012) 20% off in store and online, till stocks last. I do love a good deal. I can't wait to move in and hear it whistle.


So speaking of a good deal, I recently got put on to City Mob, it's a members only (hit me up I'll send you an invite) site that offers daily curated sales of exclusive experiences, premium products and hand selected styles at a discount. Last week's sales included Trudea french oak boards.

I ended up buying the large round oak board, after some research. I called all the Jozi stockists I know of to enquire on price and yes the City Mob offer was a good deal, with R100 to R190 discount. However this discount is before shipping. My shipping was R89 which dwindled the discount but it was still a good deal 
Courtesy: Benguela Trading http://www.benguelatrading.com/boards.php

Will keep you up to date on my kitchen filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment