Monday, September 20, 2010

Whimsical Parisian in NY

Patisserie Colson in Park Slope Brooklyn.
I enjoyed a sweet almond croissant and a cafe au lait for breakfast. I stumbled across this place looking for Almondine Bakery, which happened to be closed on that day. I wasn't disappointed it was a good find. A very relaxed jazzy rock vibe, wooden benches with copper topped tables.
It has limited seating inside, four tables to be exact. I was in a dress and it was very breezy fall day, so wait for a table I did.
The café au lait was mild, a much needed warmer upper and a great accompaniment to the powdered sugar laden almond croissant. 

Le Pain Quotidien on the Upper East Side.
Had a simple, deliciously Parisian breakfast. A café au lait and a buttery pain au raisin. The lait is served in a bowl like cup and is mildly just the way I like it. The pain au raisin is a sweet, buttery, soft pastry with raisins but honestly it does not compare to pain au raising from the Woollies bakery (try Eastgate or Melrose Arch).

I love the concept of Le Pain Quotidien and the communal table, have a look at their website and let me know what you think, maybe we could even go into business. Let's bring it to Jozi!

No comments:

Post a Comment