Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rhubarb crumble

This is the tale of to crumbles one rhubarb one apple...... Winter has finally hit Jozi and that gets me into a fierce dessert craving home cooking kinda mood. I'm notoriously terrible at baking so I decided that making a crumble is the first step. I started with a rhubarb crumble last week and made a apple crumble yesterday.


Rhubarb should come with a warning:
"You just can't imagine know how tart I am, I'm the tartiest tart a real tramp!" 
a piece of my rhubarb crumble with cream
The crumble topping was wonderful but I have to say that rhubarb is a bit too tart for my liking. My brother and his gf (Themiffany as they are affectionately known by me) loved it! Next time I'll add a few apples just for me to balance it. 
I used Nigella Lawson's rhubarb crumble recipe from her book Feast I adapted it slightly and added a few slices of fresh ginger to the rhubarb. For those looking for rhubarb in Jozi try; Athol oaklands fruit and vegetable or the food lovers markets 

Happy crumbling!




No comments:

Post a Comment